Sunday, March 28, 2010

Successfull Market Day!

Wow am I exhausted - The Canberra Handmade Markets were held on Sunday 28 March and Millicent Russell had a stall for the first time.

On Saturday I spent all day and into the wee hours of the morning getting ready for the big day.

Set up before the day

I showed up in the early morning to see a beautiful array of coloured marqees being set up outside the venue. The first thought that came to my mind was - what a beautiful day for a market! Oh, and what a beautiful venue! The lawns were filled with people eating lunch and enjoying the sunshine - just wonderful!

I found my spot inside and started to set up. As 10am came around the corne - so did thousands of shoppers. I was so taken aback by how many people came to the markets! It was incredible. The only time it was a little bit quiet, I had a chance to sneak out and get myself a refreshment.

My wonderful helper on the day - Larissa :)

A lot of my friends came to support me and I met a lot of lovely people on the day. It couldn't have been done without the support of the wonderful canberra Handmade Market organisers as well as my lovely helpers on the day (and behind the scenes)

It was a fabulously successfull day and now I've got a bit of a break before my next one in September. I now have a lot of good ideas for spicing up my stand on the day and making pieces which people loved!


Passers by

~ Apologies on the poor quality of my picutres - I had no time to really take good shots as it was contsantly busy all day!

I'll be posting the March giveaway in the next couple of days - so keep your eyes pealed!

xoxo Amelia

No comments: