Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Up in the Air

My inner child screamed out today - what a wonderful day!

I was on my way home from boot camp in the very early morning and the streets were blocked and the traffic was a little bit crazy. This got me wondering what was happening by the lake that morning. Just as I turned the corner my question was answered - it was the Canberra Festival's Balloon Spectacular!

Hundreds (well maybe a little exaggeration) of hot air balloons were being blown up to fly the sky of Canberra that morning and I was lucky enough to get a few snapshots.

This was definitely my favorite - a Kookaburra!
On the drive home - you can't see them well but there were so many!
From the back yard - we had one land just over the fence last year
Artistic shot...... haha well sort of

It was such a wonderful and perfect day for a balloon festival and having just done a pretty brutal workout on the lawns of Parliament House, it really made my day and I just wanted to share it with you :)

xoxo Amelia

PS - Thank you to everyone who entered the February giveaway. I'll be announcing the winner on Friday - stay tuned!

No comments: